Others Who Want to Help
- United Network for Organ Sharing: United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) is the private, nonprofit organization that manages the nation’s organ transplant system under contract with the federal government. Their site provides information about organ donation in general, as well as specific information related to living donation.
- Transplant Living: This website was created by UNOS to provide more information to donors and recipients about the transplant process.
- National Living Donor Association: NLDA exists to reduce the financial disincentives to living organ donation. The organization provides reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses, and other non-medical expenses, for individuals being evaluated for and/or undergoing living organ donation.
- American Liver Association: The ALA exists to facilitate, advocate and promote education, support and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease.
- American Liver Transplant Foundation: ALF’s mission is to promote education, advocacy, support services and research for the prevention, treatment and cure of liver disease.
- Transplant Life Foundation: The Transplant Life Foundation is the nation’s leading advocacy nonprofit for those in the donation and transplantation world – transplant recipients, living donors, donor families, individuals on the waiting list, caregivers, transplant professionals and supporters. As a primary educational and social networking hub for the transplant community, organizing body for the Transplant Games of America and publisher of Transplant NATION magazine, Transplant Life Foundation strives each day to enhance and improve the lives of our members. Our story was featured in the March 2022 issue of the magazine.
- TRIO: TRIO is an independent, not-for-profit, international organization committed to improving the quality of life of transplant candidates, recipients, their families and the families of organ and tissue donors. It includes the TRIO/United Airlines Travel Program which is a cooperative arrangement between TRIO and the United Airlines Charity Miles Program. It provides for transplant recipients, candidates, living donors or caregivers cost-free air transportation when travel is transplant-related.
- Chris Klug Foundation: Their mission is to inspire and educate young adults to increase registration for organ and tissue donation. Through their programs they reach tens of thousands of young people each year, equipping them with facts about organ donation so they can make educated decisions.